Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Buttery Wine Cake

Just in time for the holiday season, we have a buttery wine cake recipe we would like to share.  Now I know I love wine and I know I love cake...but why did I not ever think of combining them?  Well, thanks to a fellow co-worker, she introduced this delectable treat to me and I knew I had to share it!

Ingredients:

Yellow or Butter Cake Mix
3oz Vanilla Pudding (instant)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup of Oil
1/2 cup of Chopped Pecans
1/3 cup of Chopped Pecans
1/4 Cup of Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup of White Wine
4 Eggs

Glaze:

3/4 Cup of Butter
1/3 Cup of Chopped Pecans
1 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup of White Wine

Directions:
 
Grease and flour a bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of pecans on the bottom. Mix cake mix, pudding, sugars, and cinamon.  Add oil and eggs one at a time.  Add 1/2 cup of pecans and mix.

Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 45-55 minutes.  During last 10 mintes make glaze.  Combine, butter, sugar, water and pecans and bring to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes.  Remove from heat and add wine.  Pour 1/2 of glaze over the cake when removed from the oven.  Wait about 10 minutes and turn cake over onto plate and pour remainder of cake over it.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment