Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nashville's New Cantina Loredo

Recently, my family and I just dined at Cantina Loredo down in the Gulch area of town.  This was not the first time I have dined at Cantina Loredo.  The first time, I ate there was in San Destin, FL.  I must say the food was pretty good. 

We dined on a Thursday night.  Otherwise known as "Ladies Night."  On Thursdays, all ladies of age get to enjoy half off house wine and house margarita's.  The maragaritas are good.  Although, I would suggest one of the specialty ones they offer.

For starters, we got the guacamole, which is made in front of you at your table.  Very good, but if you do not like cilantro then choose another appetizer (or perhaps, cuisine).  Also, we got the nachos.  The nachos are not like you average nachos that are piled up high.  The nachos are individual chip nachos.  Pretty good.

I got the stuffed jalopeno shrimp.  I must say I was pretty disappointed with these.  They were very bland.  My brother liked the Chimichurri steak.  My husband got the Fajitas, which were good.  My mother's entree was by far the best.  She ordered the Camerones Escondidos - this was grilled chicken stuffed with shrimp, topped with sautted spinach, and chipolte wine sauce. 

My advice would be if you are going to eat here, get something you do not usually get at your "typical" Mexican spot.  A taco is always a taco whether you are at taco bell or Cantina Loredo, so "think outside the box" and get something different. 

Also, this place is pricier than most Mexican restaurants prepare to spend an average of $15-$20 on each entree.

Also, the dress attire is business casual here. 

I give this restaurant 4 stars in my personal opinion.  If you have eaten here, please comment on what you have had and let the readers know what you think about Cantina Loredo

For more information of pricing and food go to: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/menu.php

1 comment: