Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tennessee is Going Cupcake Crazy!

Is it just me or is Tennessee going cupcake crazy? Everywhere I look I am seeing delicious cupcakes tempting me from every direction. All together I have tried three cupcake stores Gigi's, Ivey Cake and The Pink Cupcake. All are good, but I have to say that Gigi's is my favorite.

 If you haven't heard of Gigi's, then you must still be stuck on cookies, because, seriously, Gigi's is where its at!  There are four store locations in the Nashville and surrounding area (Cool Springs, Nashville, Hendersonville, and Spring Hill.)  Here is what I have tried so far: 

-Baily's Irish Creme- Yellow cake with Irish creme flavoring, Topped with irish creme chesse frosting and almonds.  I have actually gotten this one twice in a row, because it is my favorite.  The almonds really give this cupcake a great texture.

-Honey Chunky Banana Nut-  This is another good one.  Especially if you like Banana Bread.  It is topped with choclate ganache and a dried banana chip.  Imagine having a banana bread cupcake that is exactly what this is like...but better!

-Pina Colada-  If you are dying to go to the beach, but don't have time then go to Gigi's and treat yourself to a Pina Colada cupcake.  This has the falvoring of the drink, but descised as a cupcake.  At least after having one of these you will be able to driv home!

-Caramel Sugar Moma- This one is caramel cake topped with caramel buttercreme and drizzled with caramel.  This one is not bad, but a little too sweet for my liking.  Do not get me wrong I would eat it again, but it would suggest trying another one. 

Other cupcake flavors include:
-Apple spice and Everything Nice

-Birthday Surprise-
-Blueberry Swirl-
-Boston Crème
-Carrot Cake
-Chocolate Malt
-Chocolate Strawberry
-Chocolate Turtle
-Coconut Snowball
-Flower Power
-German Sweet Chocolate
-Ginger Bread
-Golden Brown
-Health Nut
-Italian Crème
-Key Lime
-Kiddie Cake
-lemon Dream Supreme
-Mellow Crème
-Merry Margarita

If you have been to Gigi's, tell us what was your favorite cupcake?
Also, for more information visit http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/

8 comments:

  1. Another great cupcake place that I actually think is better than Gigi's is The Cupcake Collection in Germantown... It is on 6th Avenue...you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only Nashville had a business that offered all natural vegan cupcakes... THAT would be a business I would support big time.

    @HelloVeggie
    http://helloveggie.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake Collection! That will be next on our list for sure. We have heard great great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to try the Nutty Butty cupcake... It is SOOO good! I also like the wedding cake cupcake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I die for the Carrot Cake (cream cheese icing...need I say more?!) and the Boston Creme Pie (yellow cake, cream center, dipped in chocolate ganache). Speaking of cream cheese icing, the Midnight Magic Chocolate Chip is out of control. I have to split it (or hide half for later) because it is so rich--devil's food cake with dark chocolate chips baked in heaped with cream cheese icing and covered in chocolate chips. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Red Velvet cake cupcake and the boston creme pie are the ones I tried and I thought they were FABULOUS! A little heavy on the cream cheese on the Red Velvet cake one, but I needed a sugar rush. Also, Gigi's has a kiosk she opened in the Opry Mills Mall......And Vannie, I cover new openings in our magazine, so I'll keep you posted on new places that I think would be pertinent to you. I know there are a couple hot dog places that have opened recently, one is a little cart business in Gallatin called Top Dawgs or something like that?

    I love your blog, it's so fun and informative! Review Pancake Griddle, it's in Berry Hill, you will LOVE it, it's really fun and you get to make your own pancakes at the table with toppings that you choose.

    This is meg, but I don't know how to do the profile thing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. correction....Pfunky Griddle is the name of the pancake place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Just tried the coconut cupckae. They serve it on Thursdays. It was okay. I was a little dissappointed. I think I should have gone for one that is a little "more fun." I also, have a pumpkin one that I am saving for later! I will update all on what I think about the pumpkin! Until then chow!

    ReplyDelete