Friday, October 23, 2009

Brio Bistro Italiano

Last night, my family and I dined at Brio Bistro Italiano in Bellevue. I was really impressed! First of all, we started with the Arancini. This is fresh mozzarella stuffed in fried risotto with a spicy red pepper sauce that is perfect for dipping. When I first ordered this, I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I soon realized that the Arancini is heavenly! I must stress that if you have not tried this, please do, because it is absolutely delicious.


For our meal, I ordered the Gnocchi di Aragosta. It is one of their signature dishes and it was delectable. This dish consisted of fresh, homemade tomato gnocchi, with lobster and corn in a butter vermouth sauce. It literally melts in your mouth. I was very satisfied, but the only bad thing…my mom and husband were trying to eat it all!

My husband had the Controfilleto, which was a huge 10 oz. Sirloin Steak in a red wine sauce. It was cooked to perfection. This dish came with a side dish of gorgonzola, tomato gnocchi that was so rich in flavor. It was out of this world! My husband loved it, as well!

My mom had the fried eggplant, which is new to the menu. It has ricotta inside it. I do not even like ricotta, but this was really good. My sister-in-law tried one of the flatbreads. She had the Aragosta e Gamberi. This flatbread was a lot like the pasta dish I had, because it had lobster, corn and roasted red peppers and with a white sauce and topped with fresh parmesan cheese. This is a very great dish to have if you are trying to eat light.

For dessert we had the tiramisu, which melted in your mouth and we had the chocolate torte, which was very good.

I definitely think you should try Brio if you have not already been. Everything is done to perfection including the service and atmosphere. You will not be disappointed at Brio and you will not go hungry. I already am looking forward to my next visit and I already know what I am going to try next!

No comments:

Post a Comment